Thursday, February 25, 2021

Cambridge Blog Post #10

 Today, we tried to finalize everything that we needed to for our film. The most important element that we had to finalize though was the type of comedy that we wanted to use in the film. In these blog posts, I have talked a lot about the horror elements of the film opening. But I have barely talked about the comedy elements that we will be utilizing. There are many different types of elements and genres of comedy. Classical comedy, slapstick, the list goes on. Although their are many types of sub genres we could choose from, the one that my group and I will be working with is slapstick comedy, under the guise of a dark comedy.

A dark comedy can be brutal, and slapstick is the perfect type of comedy to go along with it. It requires a lot of physical movement, but also timing. If slapstick comedy is not done just right, then it can become extremely unfunny and awkward. That is why the in films nowadays, seeing slapstick comedy is extremely rare. As the times move on, so does the type of comedy that is popular. But my group and I are confident that we can do justice to the comedy of slapstick. We have an idea, that once integrated with our other element of horror, we feel would work perfectly for our film.

I believe that soon enough, we will begin the filming process. We already have a couple of locations scouted, and now with this final part of our film opening figured out, it makes our job a lot simpler. Next time in class, we will be getting critiques from peers. I think overall people will enjoy the idea. Although, we are definitely open to criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...