Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Cambridge Blog Post #8

 Today, my group and I were able to pitch our film opening idea those in our target market. Personally, I was pretty nervous about this step that we took. While the entire point of this step is to get constructive criticism, you never want people to hate what you have come up with too much. But overall I think that this experience went well. I learned a lot from each person.

For one, one participant talked about the idea of a flashback opening sounding a bit cliché. They said that it was something that they had seen in many movies before. Although, I told them that I had seen those types of openings more in action and thriller films. It is very rare to see something like that in a horror film. Once I was able to explain that to them, they were a lot more understanding. The process of talking freely with each other, was extremely important, because even if the truth may be hard to hear sometimes, it is definitely something that is necessary to hear.

Another participant, highlighted exactly what we thought about when making this idea. They talked about how our opening allowed us for a lot of freedom creatively. This is exactly what we wanted people to pick up on. With a film opening like ours, we are not restricted by much, and it was important that people realize the creative freedom that was involved in this project. Although, this person was also critical in some areas as well. They talked about how they were not sure how we can make a fight scene scary while also being funny, especially since we have limited resources. That was when I explained, that even if the fight is not scary, then it is our job to do other things to make up for it. Things like settings and props would really give the film that really scary and funny factor.

Overall, I think this process was a very necessary one. My group and I managed to learn what we were doing well with our film. We managed to learn all the things that we could definitely work on more as well. We also got some important notes for the future if the film, as well as some suggestions on how to make it a lot more scary and funny. Maybe we will be doing this again in the future after we have some footage shot. In order to make sure that we are on the right path with all that we are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...