Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Cambridge Post #3

Over the weekend, A group of friends and I talked, and we decided that we would work on the project together. Max and David are their names. Even though we happily agreed to work with one another, until the day you truly start to talk about the project, and formulate ideas together, you never truly know how it is going to go. Often times people have creative differences about what they would like to do with the content being assigned. So I was a bit nervous that that would be the case here. To my surprise though, we all actually worked really well together.

When we first got in the meeting we all started to talk about the experiences that we had with a project of this scale before. Max said he was a good editor and director, but not an actor, David said he was a better actor and drawer than he was a director. I said that I was a better writer and actor than I was an editor or director. It was important for us all to figure that out, so that when the time comes, we feel comfortable in the positions that we are in for the project. If one person better suits one role, then we give them that role. Because if they can do it better than another, our project is all the more creative and enjoyable.

My group today also spoke about topics that were important to the overall execution of our future filming, which is that of location. We spoke about where our families would be comfortable with us going in this Covid era, how packed of a place we could and should work in, and, what we would just overall be comfortable with. Sadly, this project is happening at a tough time, where are resources are a lot more limited than they once were, and we spoke about how in the worst case scenario, we would get the work done. Me and my group also managed to narrow down our list of genres to choose from for our project. While we have not quite decided yet, I figure that by the next time I post here, I will know with 100% certainty.

Overall, my day today speaking with my group was extremely successful. We talked about a lot of important things that in the end will be integral to our project. I would consider it to be a very productive day for our first time truly talking about the project. If most of the days we work on this in the future can be as productive as today, then I think we are going to be in good shape. I can only hope that it works out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...