Friday, February 12, 2021

Cambridge Post #2

 



After long consideration, and if my partner agrees, I think that the genre of film that I want to base my film opening on will be that of drama. There is a ton that you can do with the genre of drama. For one, it could be set anywhere. It can be about almost anything as well. You do not have that type of freedom if you were to choose something as simple as comedy. With drama it's all about getting across the message that you want to tell, by showing and not telling. You need to be very subtle in drama’s because unlike other genres, this one is not supposed to be all up close and personal to you. It is for those reasons that I have decided to go this route. But I do know that it will be tough, and a large part of it will have to do with appeal to my target market.


With drama’s, you really are cornering a much more niche market, then if you were to do an opening based on let us say comedy. With dramas, you are really tapping into the 18-50 range, and that is a very wide variety of people that you will be able to sell your movie to. It is also a big help that personally, I have been a fan of drama’s my entire life. I cannot explain why I like them so much honestly, but it has always been a genre that has fascinated me. I have always wanted to learn more about them. Maybe, this is my chance to do so. When I begin my research for this film, I know for a fact that I will have to do a deep dive into this genre, and what makes it so special in the first place. It is going to be an exciting venture.


I am definitely going to have to think about what techniques I can use for editing this type of project when the time comes. Maybe I can use a black and white filter over it. Or maybe I can film in dark lighting to give me the effect that I want. When editing, I am going to have to consider all of this and much more, in order to try and perfect my project. The tiniest details can make it all the better. I honestly cannot wait to see how everything will play out. If it is done right, then I think this Cambridge project will be my best work yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...