Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Cambridge Blog Post #4

 Today during class, my group and I finally came up with the genre that we want to use for our film. It is a genre that has been done a good amount over the years, but we feel that we have an idea that is different from all the others. The genre we chose is not one singular genre. It is in fact a combination of two famous genres. Me and my group could not be more excited about it. The mix that we have chosen is marketed toward people our age more than it is an older crowd. Although, people of any age can and will be able to enjoy what we are putting together. We think we are gonna flourish, when we base our film opening on the genre of: Horror-Comedy.


Horror-comedy is a perfect genre for us to do. For one, on a personal note, it combines two of my favorite movie genres. I know a ton about both, so it will be a lot easier for me to get invested in the story that we are currently working on creating. As for the project itself, me and my group were thinking about something that could appeal to a mass audience our age. At first we thought about doing a drama. Then, I thought about how even though there are great dramas out there, none are really marketed to kids our age. Then we thought about romance, but none of us are really fans of that genre, and in terms of acting, we did not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. None of us are professional actors, and we were not sure if anyone in the group could really do well with that type of material.


The reason we chose horror comedy is because both genres have made a huge impact on teenagers' lives over the many years. Movies like Superbad, and 21 Jump Street have been some of my favorite comedic movies for years. Movies like Saw, and The Purge, have also been horror franchises that have made a huge cultural impact on this generation of teens. So, my groups thought on synergizing the two genres, so that we would be able to reach a larger audience who may like one genre but not the other, as well as those who like the famous horror-comedy genre films. My group and I are very excited about the genre we have chosen. Our next real step is to analyze some of the famous films within the genre, and see what worked in them and did not work. We can learn from their mistakes and do better. I just hope we are able to do the genre the justice it deserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...