Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Cambridge Blog Post #13

 I have been thinking a lot about the storyboarding process that we will soon be doing together as a group. I have some concerns about doing it. They are minor concerns to be fair, but I know how sometimes projects such as these can go wrong if group members do not agree. I would love it if all of us would end up agreeing on every little thing, but I know that that is not realistic.

My first concern is on us all being able to agree on the specific scenes in our storyboard. Over the last few weeks, we have been talking about specific scenes that each of us came up with. Now, to tell you the truth, everyone's ideas are very enjoyable. They are all well fleshed out, and would work perfectly with our overall story. The problem is that there is only so many minutes that we have to tell our story. It is a 2 minute project. Some people's scenes that they came up with, will end up having to be cut. I hope that no one has any hard feelings about it. Like I stated earlier, if we do not all agree, then that could have a detrimental effect for the project.

My other concern is that we did not think enough about the challenges that would come with writing out scenes, and then transferring it to film. Having a good idea is simple, but executing it is hard. If we do not execute our ideas well, then the whole project will be a flop. All of that starts with the storyboarding. It is our chance to make last minute changes, see what truly works and what doesn't. This is why we need to take full advantage of the storyboarding opportunity that we have been given. I hope that next class when we start it, it goes well. I think we can come to a common viewpoint though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...