Monday, March 15, 2021

Cambridge Blog Post #17

 Today, me and my group started script writing, away from class. Now, I must admit, that over the years I have written many scripts. Not only for school, but just for fun as well. So, I can confidently say that I was very well versed in how this process works, as well as how long it could take. I am happy to say that my other group members were huge help on this first day of writing, but the work is just beginning. We have a lot more to write, and I am confident that we can get it done this week.

In script-writing, the first thing to do, is define your characters, and their specific motives. So, that was the first thing that we did. We luckily were able to figure it out very fast, and that gave us time to move on to the next important step: scenery. Now, originally we were going to be filming at the beach. Although, after watching the news, and seeing all the spring breakers coming to town, and how dangerous it is getting because they refuse to follow proper Covid protocols, we all decided against it. Instead, we had to give our idea a quick little rewrite. We will now be filming in a woodland area. We all talked about it, and we feel like we can still do our story the exact same amount of justice in the woods, than if we were to film at the beach.

This first day was one of many this week that will be spent on this script. I think we have a good starting point, and I think that this process is going to go extremely well. Coming up with the idea was truly the hardest part. Although there is still a ton of hard work ahead, I am confident that once this script is done, things will hopefully ease up a bit, since we have an extremely good basis on what our project will be. On Tuesday me and my group will be meeting up again, and I hope that tomorrow will be just as successful as today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge Blog Post #25

 Below is the link for my film opening project. A lot of time and effort went into creating this. I really hope you all enjoy. https://youtu...